Working on New Projects…

While I await the reader’s report on my contemporary romance, I’ve been catching up on all those tasks I put to one side while I concentrated on editing.

I hope to share the news on one particular project in the next week- if all goes well.

Photo by JESHOOTS.com on Pexels.com

With the approach of #NaNoWriMo in November, I’ve decided to do an unofficial version. I have a number of novels in various stages from a synopsis and five chapters, to first drafts- some will be under my Serena Lake pseudonym, others my own name.

I’ve decided I’ll use this year’s #NaNo to write out the random scenes and plot ideas that have been lurking in my mind for a while. There’s two or three that I can make progress on.

It’s going to be a challenge, as I prefer to write sequentially. But, I want to make progress so I’m willing to try writing scenes out of order.

There’s further research to do- my reading list is growing, and a few journeys probably won’t happen until next year.

With winter approaching I’m determined to speed up…

An autumn update…

I’ve been busy, concentrating on my contemporary romance novel…

During the summer I was…

Working hard.

I’ve been concentrating on the middle of my contemporary romance novel this year.

My partial manuscript submission went into the Romantic Novelists’ Association’s New Writers’ Scheme on the 31st August- with 45 minutes to spare before the deadline. It would have been in an hour earlier, but I experienced that moment all writers dread, the document had corrupted and couldn’t be opened

Adrenaline rushed around my bloodstream as disaster unfolded before my eyes.

Fortunately, I remembered I’d saved another copy in an alternative format. When it opened, I cheered, until I looked at the time I had left to submit.

I wasn’t glued to my desk all summer. I worked in the afternoon after taking a couple of hours out in the sunshine growing vegetables and flowers in the part of the garden we redesigned earlier this year.

Coming up…

There’s going to be a couple of changes to the website.

I’m adding a non-fiction page- more about that in a future post- and a slight redesign- before I return to the novel.

I also have a research reading list to begin working through for the follow-up book to the current one I’m writing.

This month face-to-face meetings at Nottingham Writers’ Club resume, so my free days are filling up once more. But, it will be good to reconnect with familiar faces.

It’s also time to put my next newsletter together ready to go out early October. If you’d like to sign up to receive it, there’s a pop-up form you can fill in to join my newsletter list…

It’s going to be a busy autumn.

Progress and Discoveries…

I’ve recently begun to use Dragon speech to text software to write my current novel.

Muscle pain in my arm, shoulder and neck (residue issues from a vehicle accident a decade ago) began hampering my typing, and I was having to take longer breaks before I could resume what I was doing.

Pleased to say I’m making progress, and the pain has reduced.

There are a few words that have created confusion. I blame my accent for today’s ‘back’ being heard as ‘bach’…

I have old posts over on my Carol’s Corner blog that I’d like to revisit, and use on my archive page. Speech to text will help make the transfer simpler.

While I was searching through memory sticks looking for old photos of Tunbridge Wells for one of those revisited blog posts, I came across a handful of my unfinished short stories.

(I remember writing them-when I was using the Windows 7 desktop.)

They ranged from: opening paragraphs, 500 word shorts, and 2,000 word story that would need updating- Tinder didn’t exist back then.

Then there’s opening lines that I have no idea of where they were going…

The Dragon is going to be busy…